NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission Sector Readiness Project
Western Australia will come under the jurisdiction of the NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission (QSC) on December 1, 2020. This will align WA with the other states and territories in a nationally consistent approach to the provision of quality and safe disability services in Australia.
All service providers who wish to deliver NDIS supports must comply with the requirements put in place by the QSC. This includes the NDIS Code of Conduct, as well as the NDIS Practice Standards and Quality Indicators, which outline governance, operational and support provision requirements.
About the project
WAAMH has recently been awarded funding to support the capacity building of Western Australian psychosocial disability supports service providers to operate in compliance with the NDIS QSC Requirements, through the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Sector Readiness Project.
The project team aims to:
- Engage with providers to better understand NDIS psychosocial disability service delivery in the WA context
- Assist providers to understand the QSC requirements that will apply to them, understanding that needs will vary given the size, scale and scope of the provider.
- Determine provider readiness to meet the QSC requirements and Practice Standards
- Develop strategies to address identified gaps in provider capacity to meet the requirements and Practice Standards
- Support providers to build their capacity, giving them greater confidence to effectively operate under the new QSC requirements.
Expression of interest
To discuss how the project team can help, or to receive updates about the project, please contact the project team :
Phone: (08) 6246 3019.
Meet the team
A dedicated WAAMH project team has been assembled to work with those providers currently registered to provide psychosocial supports to NDIS participants, and those intending to register.
|Tabetha McCallum – Project Managertmccallum@waamh.org.au||Claire Timmel – Project Officerctimmel@waamh.org.au|
|Naomi Michel – Project Officernmichel@waamh.org.au||Nicole Fitch - Project Support Officernfitch@waamh.org.au|
After feedback form the sector, we have updated our resources section, thank you to those who completed our survey and event feedback. On our updated resources and events page, you will find useful information to support staff training, audit preparation and behaviour support.