Nominations are NOW OPEN for the 2020 Mental Health Awards
Nominations Open: Wednesday, 10th June 2020
Nominations Close: Friday, 11th September 2020
Finalists Announced: During Mental Health Week 2020 - finalists will also be personally notified
Ticket Sales Close: Wednesday, 18th November 2020
Awards Evening: Wednesday, 25th November 2020
The Western Australian Mental Health Awards 2020 will celebrate individuals and organisations that made an outstanding contribution to mental health in the calendar year of 2019.
The awards aim to recognise and reward the achievements of those who demonstrate excellence, innovation, and initiative in supporting consumers of mental health services, their families, and carers; and showcase best practice in WA’s mental health sector to inspire others.
- Recognise and reward the achievements of those who demonstrate excellence, innovation and initiative in supporting carers and consumers of mental health or their local community (including workplaces)
- Showcases the achievements of the mental health sector in WA
- Inspire others to strive for excellence
- Promote positive messaging around mental health, breaking down stigma and starting conversations for healing and recovery
- Lifeline Promotion or Prevention Award
- Mental Illness Fellowship of WA Lived Experience Impact & Inspiration Award
- Even Keel Bipolar Support Association Diversity Award
- Act-Belong-Commit Mental Health Employee Excellence Volunteer Award
- Chamber of Minerals and Energy Mentally Healthy Workplace Award
- Commissioner for Children and Young People Mentally Healthy Education Award
- Western Australian Association for Mental Health News Media Award
- Innovation for Change Award
THE 2019 WINNERS ....
News Media Award
For excellence in journalism and reporting on mental health.
Rhianna Mitchell, Seven West Media
For an individual, organisation or group that embraces diversity and promotes inclusion, with an initiative that benefits a particular population group, i.e youth, CaLD, seniors, Aboriginal, LGBTI.
Perth Inner City Youth Service
Innovation for Change Award presented by Lotterywest
For outstanding innovation driving change for better mental health.
Aboriginal Males Healing Centre
Employee Excellence Award presented by Eric Dillon Consulting
For outstanding contribution to mental health in WA by an individual employed or volunteering within the sector.
Dr Anand Deshmukh, WA Country Health Service, Pilbara and Shivani Lala, Southern Cross Care
Prevention & Promotion Award presented by Lifeline
For outstanding contribution to prevention and/or promotion in mental health.
Mentally Healthy WA
For education institutions that encourage good mental health for its students, staff and volunteers.
Mentally Healthy Workplace Award presented by Chamber of Minerals and Energy
For a workplace that encourages good mental health for its staff.
Lifepath Psychology Consumer Impact Inspiration Award
For outstanding contribution to mental health in Western Australia by an individual who identifies as having a lived experience.
Thanks to everyone who joined us the Awards Gala.
Photos are up on WA Association for Mental Health's Facebook page!