Collaborative and Responsive Engagement (CARE) Hub
CARE Hub is now live! Register for FREE at: http://carehub.waamh.org.au
The CARE Hub is an online platform that is quite similar to a social networking site, but has been specifically designed by and for people who are engaged with community mental health practice.
The CARE Hub features a jobs board, FREE mental health training, spaces for collaboration and resource sharing, discussions around practice and so much more!
It a community for sector development that brings together individuals with an interest in the community mental health and related sectors. First and foremost, we are people so there is no hierarchy, qualification or life experience that makes any member of the group more or less.
Our purpose is to create an online community to communicate and collaborate on sector development issues, to increase sector capacity and to achieve a positive benefit for the community.
The hub is open to anyone connected to the community mental health sector, whether through lived experience, work or study.
Broadly speaking, the CARE hub provides support across the following domains:
Stream 1 - Online practice communities where hub members can come together to learn from one another, share ideas and provide a sounding board for complex issues.
Stream 2 - An online repository of practice frameworks and tools to be shared by all members. Members can share what they find useful or consider to be good practice, or tools can be generated by working groups formed to address a specific need.
Stream 3 - Online Workforce Development. Online training sessions provided by WAAMH and/or in collaboration with other bodies and organisations. These cover some core elements of working in community mental health (e.g. trauma informed practice), and many are pitched at an introductory level suitable for those new to the sector.
Stream 4 - Communications and consultation. A source of sector updates, opportunities for networking, mutual support and connection.
Stream 5 - Recruitment and redeployment. A place for members to skills match opportunities with those available for positions and placements. This can help the sector to react quickly to any future changes brought about by COVID-19 or other events, should some roles in the sector become untenable due to restrictions while there is demand for redeployment elsewhere.
What the CARE Hub is and isn't
The CARE Hub is:
· An online community which supports sector development, a place to share and develop practice in community mental health service provision.
· A forum which draws on the collective wisdom of hub members to consider opportunities for growth in community mental health and elevate the sector as a whole.
· A source of reliable information on what's happening in the sector.
The CARE Hub is not:
· A forum for service reviews, complaints or dispute management
· A therapeutic group
· A forum for individual advocacy
· A crisis, referral or helpline service
If you would like online support, click here to access the SANE forums, a peer to peer support service that is moderated 24/7 by health professionals.
If you or someone you know is in crisis and needs urgent help please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or click here to access the Suicide Call Back Service.
The objectives of the CARE Hub
· Fostering a community of like-minded people committed to increase the capacity of the community mental health sector;
· Sharing information, resources and learnings with other members of the community, to develop understanding and improve practice.
· Exploring opportunities for collaborative projects among members, including practice groups, working groups and scenario planning;
· Providing recommendations on areas requiring systemic advocacy for the community mental health sector.
Wilma Edwards: CARE hub Facilitator
How do I join?
The CARE Hub platform is complete and you can register to join at: http://carehub.waamh.org.au
Any questions or comments can be directed to CAREHub@waamh.org.au or by calling the CARE Hub team on (08) 6246 3000