Mental Health First Aid 24 + 25 June 2019 - KARRATHA
The two-day interactive course is designed to equip you with the skills and resources to recognise and respond appropriately to someone experiencing a mental health crisis, until professional help arrives.
Mental Health First Aid is suitable for everyone and highly recommended for all emergency services staff, frontline managers, teaching staff, and workplace OH&S representatives.
This course was developed at the Centre for Mental Health Research at Australian National University and is now delivered across 20 countries around the world.
- Understanding Mental Health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions
- Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse.
- How to provide initial support to adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Crisis First Aid for suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self harm and acute psychosis.
- Responding to the effects of traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate plus $31 for manual. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Pam Buchanan Family Centre
(Move Your Body Studio)
51 Gardugarli Drive
- Non Member (2018/19) + includes manual: $490.00
- Associate Member (2018/19) + includes manual: $440.00
- Full Member (2018/19) rate + includes manual: $390.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required + includes manual: $70.00
Add to calendar