Save the date for the landmark WA Mental Health Conference in 2024.
The State's fifth flagship mental health conference will be held on 26 - 27 November 2024 at Perth Exhibition and Convention Centre.
The WA Mental Health Conference is organised by the Western Australian Association for Mental Health, with principal support from the WA Mental Health Commission.
To give you an idea what you are in for, read the wrap from the 2022 Conference here: https://createsend.com/t/y-5BB3AB8B2578A1FF2540EF23F30FEDED
About the conference
The conference aimed to develop, strengthen and support WA’s mental health sector and wider community, so we can work better together in the interest of the community’s mental health.
This event provided collaborative opportunities for people with lived experience, clinical staff and non-clinical mental health workers; offering the chance to share resources, perspectives and best practices.
Content covered practice issues such as:
- Addressing stigma and discrimination
- Co-occurring issues, including alcohol/drugs, neurodevelopmental disorders and psychosocial NDIS
- Peer workers and building the lived experience workforce of the future
- Looking after our workforce: recruitment, retention and skills development
- Supporting and empowering those who care for others
- Equipping community and workplaces with mental health practice skills and strategies for all
- Utilising technology to offer long distance and remote support.
Keep in touch
You can subscribe for updates here so you are the first in the know of any news or developments for the next conference - it is held biennially.