Mental Health Challenge & Disability - 11/09/2019 - PERTH
Examine the types of mental health challenges people with disabilities can experience as well as a person’s rights and the potential barriers when accessing and engaging with mental health services.
Target audience: People working with or supporting somebody with a disability who want to learn about mental health challenges.
People with disabilities are more likely to experience mental health challenges than the general population. Identifying these challenges and responding appropriately can often be complex. This course presents the mental health services available, as well as a person’s rights and the potential barriers when accessing and engaging with mental health services.
An ideal introduction for people working with or supporting somebody with a disability who want to learn more about the mental health challenges people with disabilities can experience.
Content covered includes:
- Introduction to mental health challenges
- Recovery-oriented practice in mental health recovery
- The potential impacts of trauma on people with disabilities
- Types of mental health challenges
- Signs and symptoms of mental health challenges
- Differences between intellectual disability and mental health challenges
- Where disabilities and mental health challenges intersect
- Complex communication needs
- The rights of people with disabilities in relation to accessing mental health services
- Addressing barriers to accessing and engaging with mental health services.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Workzone Building, Level 1 (main reception), 1 Nash Street, PERTH (Attendees required to sign-in at main reception and also in the workshop class).
- Associate Member (2018/19): $220.00
- Full Member (2018/19): $195.00
- Non-members: $245.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required : $19.50
- Associate Member (2019/20): $220.00
- Full Member (2019/20): $195.00
Add to calendar