Creating and Supporting a Peer Workforce - A Workshop for Managers and Co-ordinators with Rachel Perkins OBE
Training Course, Featured
Join internationally renowned mental health expert Rachel Perkins in this workshop exploring the importance of peer support, different peer support models and the employment of peer support workers in mental health services.
Aimed at managers and co-ordinators working in the mental health sector, this workshop focuses on the successful creation of peer support worker positions within mental health teams, enabling those recruited to prosper.
- The importance of peer support and the role of peer support workers
- Preparing organisations for the introduction of peer support workers including:
- Creating a culture in which peer support workers can thrive
- Valuing the expertise of lived experience across the workforce
- The role and duties of peer support workers, and what it means to be 'peer'
- The preparation of peer support workers to work in teams including:
- Support for peer support workers
- The preparation of teams for the introduction of peer support workers
- Career development for peer support workers
- Evaluating the impact of introducing peer support workers.
About Rachel Perkins - BA, MPhil (Clinical Psychology), PhD, OBE
Read Rachel's profile.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Workzone Building, Level 1 (main reception), 1 Nash Street, PERTH (Attendees required to sign-in at main reception and also in the workshop class).
- Full Member (2018/19): $385.00
- Associate Member (2018/ 19): $430.00
- Non-Member: $475.00
Add to calendar