Mental Health Challenges & Disability - 09/04/2019 - PERTH
(previously referred to as Dual Disability)
What is the relationship between disabilities and mental health issues? How do 'psycho-social' and other types of disabilities interact, and what skills do workers need to identify and support clients with a dual diagnosis? Find out in this one-day course hosted by WAAMH.
Suitable for mental health sector workers
People with disabilities can be even more likely to experience mental illness than the general population. Yet, identifying and responding appropriately to mental health issues can often be complex, when the person also has other disabilities.
Content covered includes:
- Understanding mental health
- Identifying the relationship between psychosocial and other disabilities
- Signs and symptoms
- Causes and risk factors
- Integrated service options
- Talking about mental health with clients
- Best practices for client support
- Links between WA’s mental health and disability sectors
- Where to find further information and assistance.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Workzone Building, Level 1 (main reception), 1 Nash Street, PERTH (Attendees required to sign-in at main reception and also in the workshop class).
- Associate Member (2018/19): $220.00
- Full Member (2018/19): $195.00
- Non-member: $245.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required : $19.50
Add to calendar