Drugs, Alcohol & Mental Health - 08/04/2019 - PERTH
Designed to explore the relationship between mental health challenges and alcohol and other drug use, this course facilitates an understanding of how and why these two challenges frequently occur together.
Note change to the course time is now 9.30am - 5.00pm
Target Audience: Community service workers, counsellors, health and wellbeing practitioners, carers and families.
Mental health challenges and alcohol and other drug use are frequently addressed separately yet they often occur alongside each other, interacting in complex ways. This course examines each challenge, its interaction with the other, and how practitioners can work holistically and collaboratively to support people in their recovery.
Content covered includes:
- Understanding mental health and mental health challenges
- Understanding alcohol and other drugs
- Drug types
- Drug use
- Signs and symptoms
- The relationship between mental health challenges and alcohol and other drug use
- Risk factors, causes, and impacts of co-occurring challenges
- Harm minimisation strategies
- The relationship between the mental health and alcohol and other drug sectors
- Best practice for treatment and support.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate.
To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Workzone Building, Level 1 (main reception), 1 Nash Street, PERTH (Attendees required to sign-in at main reception and also in the workshop class).
- Associate Member (2018/19): $220.00
- Full Member (2018/19): $195.00
- Non-member: $245.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required : $19.50
Add to calendar