Mental Health First Aid FUNDED! 07/05/2018 & 08/05/2018 - JOONDALUP
Community Event, Training Course, Event
Mental Health First Aid is suitable for everyone and highly recommended for all emergency services staff, frontline managers, teaching staff, and workplace OH&S representatives.
This course was developed at the Centre for Mental Health Research at Australian National University and is now delivered across 20 countries around the world.
Click here to download the flyer.
- Understanding Mental Health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions
- Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse.
- How to provide initial support to adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Crisis First Aid for suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self harm and acute psychosis.
- Responding to the effects of traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
Comprehensive MHFA manual included.
All training includes qualified and experienced trainers, lunch, morning and afternoon tea.
The standard price for Mental Health First Aid is $490 standard or $390 full members.
However, this course is kindly funded by WA Primary Health Alliance and costs only $25 including materials and catering.
The training is being made available for community members who may not otherwise have access to Mental Health First Aid, and is not intended for anyone attending for professional reasons or for use at work.
For example, the course welcomes members of community organisations, volunteers, carers and anyone attending for personal interest, outside of a paid job role. Students and job-seekers are also welcome.
If you work in the mental health sector or have other professional reasons for attending, WAAMH can visit your workplace to provide training, but you may not register for this funded community course.
Since this course is funded for all participants, scholarships do not apply.
Places are strictly limited so register NOW to secure your place!
Payments by credit card ONLY, using "Register Now" below.
HBF Arena (Winners Club), Kennedya Drive, JOONDALUP.
On arrival go to main reception where you will be directed to the Winners Club.
Free parking at venue.
- Community member attending for non-work-related reasons ONLY: $25.00
Add to calendar