KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Dr Sebastian Rosenberg (NSW)
Follow @RosenbergSeb on Twitter
Sebastian is currently a Senior Lecturer for the Brain and Mind Centre at The University of Sydney and a Fellow at the Centre for Mental Health Research, Australian National University. His qualifications include a Doctor of Philosophy from The University of Sydney 2017; a Master of Public Administration from The University of Canberra, 2000, and a Bachelor of Arts, Australian National University, 1989.
Sebastian was a public servant in state and federal health departments for 16 years, and Deputy CEO of the Mental Health Council of Australia from 2005-09, working as a consultant and academic since then.
Sebastian’s expertise are in mental health policy, accountability and reform. In 2011, Sebastian worked as expert facilitator to the NSW Taskforce to Establish a Mental Health Commission. He convened the first joint meetings of the Australian Mental Health Commissions which included both Australian and international representatives.
In 2012, Sebastian was engaged by the Ministerial Council on Suicide Prevention to conduct a series of consultations across regional NSW, analysing community preparedness in relation to suicide prevention.
In 2013, Sebastian led a community review of the NSW Mental Health Act and worked with the NSW Mental Health Commission in developing a new mental health reform strategy.
Sebastian is currently working with Capital PHN and ACT Health to develop a regional plan for mental health in the ACT. Sebastian is also engaged in a research project to evaluate the impact of Australia’s mental health commissions, as well as ongoing research around mental health and accountability, including the potential for real time consumer/carer feedback to drive systemic quality improvement.
In addition to academic publications, Sebastian is a regular and well-received contributor to The Canberra Times, The Conversation and Croakey.
Sebastian is an active member of the following policy and reform groups:
- Mental Health Expert Group of the Independent Hospital Pricing Authority
- Sydney Health Policy Network
- Sydney Health and Work Research Network
- MINDOUT LGBTQI Mental Health Advisory Group
- A member of the editorial board currently developing the fourth edition of the textbook ‘Mental Health in Australia, Collaborative Community Practice’ (Oxford University Press)
- Board Member, Woden Community Services
Previous memberships include:
- National Health and Medical Research Council’s Prevention and Community Health Care Committee, 2009-12
- Board of Social Firms Australia, 2011-14
- Clinical Senate of the Australian Capital Territory
- Australian Health Care Reform Alliance in September 2014
MORE PRESENTERS, SPEAKERS AND ENTERTAINERS BEING ANNOUNCED SOON.
MASTER OF CEREMONIES: Being unveiled soon!
CONFERENCE ELDER: Being unveiled soon!