WA Mental Health Conference & Awards
Thanks to everyone who participated in the WA Mental Health Conference and Awards 2017 and helped make it such a great success! The conference and awards will now be a biennial event with the next one to be held in 2019.
About the conference
The Western Australian Association for Mental Health (WAAMH), with the support of the WA Mental Health Commission (MHC), hosted the WA Mental Health Conference and Awards 2017 at the Perth Concert Hall in Perth on 13-14 July 2017.
Attendance exceeded projections, welcoming 470 core delegates, more than 90 speakers, 55 staff and volunteers and included 65 people with lived experience who attended with the help of a subsidy.
The pre-conference Multicultural Mental Health Forum, held at the Bendat Community Centre on 7 July 2017, was hugely popular with more than 200 registrations.
Objectives of the WA Mental Health Conference and Awards 2017 included:
- Develop, strengthen and support WA’s mental health sector;
- Provide development and collaboration opportunities for mental health sector workers and people with lived experience;
- Provide information, resources and opportunities to organisational and lived experience leaders and human services professionals and peer workers;
- Provide a forum for resource sharing, ideas exchange and collaboration; and
- Raise the profile of mental health issues and promote positive attitudes to mental health in the wider community.
Themes and Streams
The theme was Integrated Lives and the three formal conference streams were:
Thanks to the organisations that supported the conference including our major sponsors.