WA Mental Health Conference & Awards
Multicultural Mental Health Forum: Bendat Community Centre, 7 July 2017
Conference and Awards: Perth Concert Hall, 13-14 July 2017
Registrations are now open!
Early bird registrations close: 17 March 2017
Final registrations close: 28 June 2017
Continued Professional Development (CDP) Points are available for conference attendance for a range of Healthcare and Allied professions. See our registration page for details.
The Western Australian Association for Mental Health (WAAMH), with the support of the WA Mental Health Commission (MHC), will host the WA Mental Health Conference and Awards 2017 at the Perth Concert Hall in Perth on 13-14 July 2017.
The inaugural WA Mental Health Conference was held on 10-11 March 2016 at Fraser's in Kings Park. Attendance greatly exceeded projections, welcoming 480 core delegates, more than 1000 event patrons, 100 speakers, 250 staff, volunteers and service providers and 50 people with lived experience who attended with the help of a subsidy.
Objectives of the WA Mental Health Conference and Awards 2017 include:
- Develop, strengthen and support WA’s mental health sector;
- Provide development and collaboration opportunities for mental health sector workers and people with lived experience;
- Provide information, resources and opportunities to organisational and lived experience leaders and human services professionals and peer workers;
- Provide a forum for resource sharing, ideas exchange and collaboration; and
- Raise the profile of mental health issues and promote positive attitudes to mental health in the wider community.
Themes and Streams
The theme for the Western Australian Mental Health Conference 2017 is Integrated Lives.
The three formal conference streams are:
If you would like more information about the conference streams please have a look at our Streams Guidelines.
Registrations are now open! Click on this image to download the flyer.
Sponsorship Opportunities – There are still opportunities available to sponsor this exciting event with options available to suit different budgets.
Our Sponsors - Thanks to the organisations that have already committed to supporting the conference including our major sponsors.