09:00AM - 04:30PM
In this course participants will have the opportunity to explore the complexities around balancing the needs of the consumer and confidentiality. The course will also look at strategies to enhance family inclusion and consider specific models that promote family inclusive practice.
Target Audience: Workers in front-line service delivery roles who support people who experience mental health challenges.
“Working with family and supporters is an essential part of a comprehensive response to working with people experiencing mental health problems and entrenched family difficulties.” (Adapted from NADA Family Inclusive Practice Policy)
Workers in mental health and related sectors often understand the value of including families in the support and care provided to people living with mental health challenges and also recognise that family members may have support needs in their own right. However working in a family inclusive way can sometimes be challenging as workers grapple with issues such as confidentiality and balancing the needs of the consumer, the family and the capacity of the organisation in which they work as well as ensuring that there is a clear separation between “family inclusive” and “family therapy”.
This course will support participants to:
- Understand what is meant by the term “family inclusive practice”, what it is and what it is not
- Have increased competence and confidence in including family members in the care and support of the person living with mental health challenges
- Have increased awareness of, and competence in responding to, the support needs of family members in their own right, as well as increased knowledge of when and how to make referrals for specific support
- Recognise and respond to the challenges that working in a family inclusive way present and
- Practice techniques and strategies that can be used to work in a family inclusive way
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Map of venue
Level 1/1 Nash Street