Sexual & Gender Diversity & Mental Health - 25/07/2017
Workshop, Training Course, WAAMH Event
TOWARDS SAFE AND INCLUSIVE SERVICES
A person’s sexual orientation and gender identity can have a profound impact on their experience of mental illness as a consumer or carer, appropriate treatment options and their service needs.
This workshop is designed to assist mental health and other community workers to understand diverse needs and improve service delivery for LGBTIQA* communities.
This course aims to draw on a strong evidence base, along with the direct experiences of mental health service users.
Content covered includes how to:
- Recognise diversity and its impacts for mental health care
- Positive language and terminology
- Recognise unconscious bias and avoiding discrimination
- Gender and sexuality spectrums
- Mental health risk factors
- Create inclusive services
- Links between identity and recovery
- Engage diverse carer and consumer participation
- Examples of best practice
LGBTIQA* = lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer / questioning, asexual
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate.
To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application form.
Level 1 (main reception)
1 Nash Street,
(Attendees required to sign-in at main reception and also in the workshop class)
- Non-members: $245.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required : $19.50
- Full members: $195.00
- Associate members: $220.00
Add to calendar