Legal Issues for Mental Health Work - 22 March 2017
Community Event, Workshop, Training Course, WAAMH Event
This accessible, jargon-busting workshop is designed for those working in the mental health or wider community and health sectors. It provides a plain-English summary of the key legal matters which impact on workers and simple guides and resources for practicing effectively within the law.
What you need to know. Like many professionals, mental health sector workers need to be aware of a range of legislation and legal issues, to ensure their practice is legal and compliant.
Content covered includes :
- Human Rights context
- Legal terminology
- Duty of Care and Dignity of Risk
- The Mental Health Act 2014
- Other key legislation such as disability legislation, the Privacy Act, Equal
Opportunity law, the Carer’s Act
- Informed consent
- Privacy land confidentiality laws
- Finding legal information
- Low cost legal help
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate.
To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application form.
Level 1 (report to reception)
1 Nash Street,
- Members: $195.00 (Not a member? Join Now and get a discount)
- Non-members: $245.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required : $19.50
Add to calendar