Mental Health Communication - 10 April 2017 - PERTH COMMENCING NEXT WEEK
Whether you are a specialist service provider in the Mental Health Sector or someone dealing with the general public, a strong suite of communication skills for engaging with people experiencing mental health difficulties is essential.
Specifically focussed on helping participants to develop professional relationships with people experiencing mental health issues, this course will help you understand some of the communication challenges and issues relating to some mental illnesses and provide a range of effective strategies for productive engagement.
NOTE: This course is being held in Perth.
Content covered includes how to:
- Establish rapport
- Engage meaningfully and ensure message clarity
- Anticipate triggers and recognise warning signs
- Use reassuring language
- Maintain calm
- Verbal and nonverbal defusing techniques
- Respond to delusions or unexpected behaviour
- Resolve conflict and de-escalate aggression
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate.
To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application form.
Level 1 (report to reception)
1 Nash Street,
- Members: $195.00 (Not a member? Join Now and get a discount)
- Non-members: $245.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required : $19.50
Add to calendar