Mental Health First Aid - 19 & 20 April 2017
Community Event, Workshop, Training Course, WAAMH Event
The two-day interactive course is designed to equip you with the skills and resources to recognise and respond appropriately to someone experiencing a mental health crisis, until professional help arrives.
Mental Health First Aid is suitable for everyone and highly recommended for all emergency services staff, frontline managers, teaching staff, and workplace OH&S representatives.
This course was developed at the Centre for Mental Health Research at Australian National University and is now delivered across 20 countries around the world.
- Understanding Mental Health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions
- Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse.
- How to provide initial support to adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Crisis First Aid for suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self harm and acute psychosis.
- Responding to the effects of traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
Course manual (cost $40) included with full paying participants.
All training includes qualified and experienced trainers, lunch, morning and afternoon tea.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. The closing date is 10 days prior to event and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate + Course manual $40.00.
To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application form.
(report to reception)
1 Nash Street
- Scholarship pre-approval required for catering + course book : $79.50
- Members - includes manual : $435.00
- Non-members - includes manual : $485.00
Add to calendar