14 - 15 May 2020
09:00AM - 04:30PM
The two-day Everyday Counselling Skills course provides participants with the opportunity to practice using a range of tools that can be applied to a wide range of issues, in their practice as well as in their daily lives.
Target Audience: Suitable for staff who want to be emotionally supportive in their work role or in their personal roles.
Many non-counselling professionals find themselves in day-to-day situations where they are called to support another person emotionally, such as responding to someone experiencing distress, anger, confusion, anxiety or fear.
Participants will learn how to establish and build safe and positive relationships and provide solution focused responses, as well as providing brief interventions and understanding when to refer.
This course will support participants to:
- Understand what is meant by ‘everyday counselling’ as distinct from formal counselling.
- Have a working knowledge of the Stages of Change model and understand when to refer.
- Build skills including relationship-building, communication, strategic questioning and feedback.
- Provide solution-focused responses and strategies and encourage help-seeking where appropriate.
- Engage in brief interventions using the Frames model to support clients.
- Integrate their learning from this course into their practice and/or their own lives.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Catering and light refreshments provided.
Register by 30 April 2020 to reserve a place
Map of venue
Level 1/1 Nash Street
Associate Member (2019/2020) $440.00
Full Member (2019/2020) $390.00
Not yet a member, but I'd like to be Join now
Non Member $490.00
Scholarship pre-approval required $39.00