Safe Professional Boundaries - 05/11/2019 - MANDURAH
This course examines the nature of boundaries and how to work within appropriate boundary frameworks while maintaining care and compassion.
Target audience: Frontline community sector and healthcare workers.
Professional boundaries are the borders that help establish professional relationships between frontline healthcare workers and their clients. Boundaries are established within an ethical and legal context to protect each party from developing unprofessional, unethical, or confusing relationships.
This course examines the nature of boundaries and how to work within boundary frameworks while maintaining care and compassion. Participants are encouraged to reflect on their current model of practice identifying aspects of their work that can be improved through the theory and practical strategies presented.
Content covered includes:
- Boundaries defined
- The importance of boundaries
- Power imbalances
- Boundary types
- Professional practice continuum: under-involvement to over-involvement
- The boundary compass - compassion, caution, connotation
- Legal responsibilities and best practice
- Managing dual relationships.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Mandurah - Location to be advised
- Associate Member (2018/19): $220.00
- Full Member (2018/19): $195.00
- Non-members: $245.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required : $19.50
- Associate Member (2019/20): $220.00
- Full Member (2019/20): $195.00
Add to calendar