Managing Mental Health in the Workplace - 19/08/2019 - PERTH
Many Australians experience a mental health challenge every year. Mentally healthy workplaces promote and support their staff and volunteer's wellbeing, becoming employers of choice.
Designed for managers, team leaders, human resource professionals and other stakeholders interested in promoting and maintaining a healthy workforce, this course examines the signs and symptoms of mental health challenges in staff, how to start a conversation around mental health as well as practical ways to make your workplace a mentally healthy environment.
Content covered includes:
- Understanding mental health
- Types of mental health challenges
- Signs and symptoms
- Mental health language
- Starting a conversation about mental health
- Communication skills
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Encouraging help seeking
- Legal and management issues
- Strategies for mentally healthy workplaces.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Workzone Building, Level 1 (main reception), 1 Nash Street, PERTH (Attendees required to sign-in at main reception and also in the workshop class).
- Associate Member (2018/19): $220.00
- Full Member (2018/19): $195.00
- Non-members: $245.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required : $19.50
- Associate Member (2019/20): $220.00
- Full Member (2019/20): $195.00
Add to calendar