Trauma Informed Care (An Introduction) - 15/08/2019 - MANDURAH
People experiencing chronic mental health challenges are more likely to have histories of trauma including childhood abuse, accidents, homelessness, violence and substance misuse. The six principles of trauma informed care underpin the support required for a person with a lived experience of trauma to achieve their recovery goals.
Next course: 11 November 2019 - Perth
This course examines the links between trauma and mental health. Learn the six principles of trauma informed care that underpin the support required for a person with a lived experience of trauma to achieve their recovery goals.
Content covered includes:
- What is trauma informed care?
- Trauma informed practice
- Trauma informed care model
- Principle 1: Trauma awareness
- Principle 2: Promote safety
- Principle 3: Rebuild control
- Principle 4: Promote connection
- Principle 5: Focus on strengths
- Principle 6: Belief in recovery.
Within the principles you'll explore the different types of trauma; biological responses to trauma; events-experience-effect; supporting a person to reconnect; safety in discussion; trauma and escalation; creating platforms for change; promoting cultural connection; features of cultural competence; first person language; and promoting hope and optimism.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Mandurah - venue to be confirmed
- Associate Member (2018/19): $220.00
- Full Member (2018/19): $195.00
- Non-members: $245.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required : $19.50
- Associate Member (2019/20): $220.00
- Full Member (2019/20): $195.00
Add to calendar