Safe Professional Boundaries - 14/05/2019 - PERTH
Next course: 4 July 2019 - Bunbury
This practical course looks at professional boundary frameworks and supports workers to identify appropriate boundaries when working with clients, colleagues and the wider community, while remaining caring and compassionate.
Suitable for the community sector and healthcare workers
Professional boundaries are all about protecting both clients and workers, and creating positive, effective relationships, within appropriate legal and ethical parameters.
Founded in the applicable legislation and industry standards, the course addresses a range of ethical questions and provides participants with practical tools to navigate real world situations.
Content covered includes:
- Boundary frameworks and role clarity
- Self awareness and disclosure
- Triple C: Compassion, Caution, Connotation
- Transgressions and crossings
- Challenges of small communities
- Handling dual relationships
- Legal responsibilities
- Over-involvement/detachment continuum
- Understanding Transference
- Real world case studies.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application form.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Workzone Building Training room, Level 1, 1 Nash Street, PERTH (Attendees required to sign-in at main reception and also in the workshop class).
- Associate Member (2018/19): $220.00
- Full Member (2018/19): $195.00
- Non-member: $245.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required : $19.50
Add to calendar