Understanding Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - 27/03/2018 - PERTH
Community Event, Workshop, Training Course, WAAMH Event
A myth busting guide to understanding the causes, treatment and effects of PTSD and trauma-informed care.
Approximately 12% of Australians will experience PTSD in their lifetime and the results can be profound and far-reaching.
Clients often present to mental health services with symptoms related to prior trauma, which neither they, nor staff, have linked to this trauma exposure.
This insightful course explores what we know about trauma and PTSD and introduces the fundamentals of trauma-informed care and how to better support clients.
Content covered includes:
- Signs, symptoms and causes of PTSD
- The role of the three Es: Events, Experiences, Effects
- Complex v single-incident trauma
- Co-existing disorders and links to general mental health
- Avoiding re-traumatisation
- Understanding adaptive symptoms
- Towards trauma-informed care: Initial steps to take.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate.
To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Click here to request an invoice.
Workzone Building, Level 1 (main reception), 1 Nash Street, PERTH (Attendees required to sign-in at main reception and also in the workshop class).
- Associate WAAMH Member: $220.00
- Full WAAMH Member: $195.00
- Non Member: $245.00
- Scholarship - pre-approval required: $19.50
Add to calendar