Drugs, Alcohol & Mental Health - 20/03/2018 - PERTH
Workshop, Training Course, WAAMH Event
This one-day workshop examines the complex relationship between substance use or addiction and mental health problems.
While they may be independent problems, they regularly co-occur and interact in complex ways, which need to be considered. This course uses evidence-based information about both disorders to help support workers to offer more holistic support.
The course includes take-home references and tools for use afterwards.
Content covered includes:
- Identifying the relationship between mental health and substance use
- Signs and symptoms
- Causes and risk factors
- Integrated treatment options
- Interactions between psychiatric medications and substances of abuse
- Strategies for combating stigma related to concurrent disorders
- Best practices for treatment and support
- The relationship between WA’s Mental Health and Alcohol + Other Drugs Sectors
The scholarship process for this workshop is now closed.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Workzone Building, Level 1 (main reception), 1 Nash Street, PERTH (Attendees required to sign-in at main reception and also in the workshop class).
- Associate WAAMH Members: $220.00
- Full WAAMH Members: $195.00
- Non Member: $245.00
- Scholarship - pre-approval required: $19.50
- Teacher's Rate: $195.00
Add to calendar