Culturally Diverse Mental Health - 9/05/2017
Workshop, Training Course, WAAMH Event
COMMENCING NEXT WEEK
A person’s ethic background, personal faith and cultural community can have a profound impact on their experience of mental illness as a consumer or carer, appropriate treatment options and their service needs.
This course is designed to assist mental health workers to understand diverse needs and improve service delivery for CaLD communities.
This course has drawn on the new “Framework for Mental Health in Multicultural Australia”, which was released nationally in 2014.
Content covered includes:
- Recognising diversity and its impacts for mental health care
- Accessing culturally-specific information
- Diverse beliefs & attitudes to mental health
- Providing accessible information
- Culturally responsive services
- Recognising unconscious bias and avoiding discrimination
- Links between culture and recovery
- Culturally-tailoring existing services
- Engaging diverse carer and consumer participation
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate.
To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application form.
Level 1 (report to reception)
1 Nash Street,
- Members: $195.00 (Not a member? Join Now and get a discount)
- Non-members: $245.00
- Scholarship pre-approval required : $19.50
Add to calendar