4 - 5 March
09:00AM - 04:30PM
Face to face
This two-day course is about building our confidence as first responders to support someone experiencing a mental health challenge. It prepares participants to know how to recognise signs of mental health issues and how to respond in an effective way.
Participants explore the 5 Rs and apply the ASK Framework to guide mental health conversations.
This experiential course is suitable and workers in a wide range of front-line service delivery roles and for and the wider community wanting to know how to help someone experiencing mental health challenges.
This course will support participants to:
- Be familiar with terminology and language to describe mental health and mental health challenges.
- Understand the importance a person-centered approach.
- Be able to recognise the common signs of mental health challenges.
- Develop the skills to respond to mental health issues in the community and refer appropriately.
- Understand and be able to apply the ASK framework and 5 R’s.
- Understand and recognise the importance of boundaries.
- To be mindful of their own wellbeing and explore how to use effective self-care strategies.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Catering and light refreshments provided.
Map of venue
Level 1/1 Nash Street
Associate Member 2020/2021 $440.00
Full Member 2020/2021 $390.00
Not yet a member, but I'd like to be Join now
Non Member $490.00
Scholarship pre-approval $39.00