09:00AM - 04:30PM
Face to face
People often experience both mental health challenges and alcohol and other drugs (AOD) issues. The intersection of mental health and AOD use is recognised as presenting complex challenges across both domains. This course examines each challenge and its interrelationship with the other.
Target Audience: This course is suitable for staff working across a variety of services including care services, housing, mental health, alcohol and other drugs, disability, first aid, aged care and education.
The course facilitates an understanding of how and why they frequently occur together, as well as strategies for working holistically and collaboratively to support people in their recovery. Participants will have the opportunity to develop their skills by using practice tools to respond to real-life scenarios.
This course will support participants to:
- Develop their understanding of mental health, mental health challenges, and alcohol and other drugs, including: signs, symptoms and risk factors for mental health and/or AOD use issues; drug types and usage; common mental health challenges and models to understand substance use and dependence.
- Develop their understanding of the complex relationship between mental health challenges and alcohol and other drug use, including being able to identify risk factors, contributing factors and impacts of co-occurring challenges.
- Develop their confidence and competence in using evidence-informed strategies in their work with consumers.
- Have increased knowledge of resources, services and referral pathways.
- Integrate their learning from this course into the work practice.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Catering and light refreshments provided.
Map of venue
Level 1/1 Nash Street
Associate Member 2020/2021 $220.00
Full Member 2020/2021 $195.00
Not yet a member, but I'd like to be Join now
Non Member $245.00
Scholarship pre-approval $19.50