09:00AM - 04:30PM
Face to face
Drawing on a strong evidence base, along with the direct experiences of mental health service users, this course is designed to support mental health and community workers to understand diverse needs and to support service delivery for LGBTIQA+ individuals and communities.
Target Audience: For support mental health and community workers
Sexual and gender identity is an integral part of each person – it is part of who we are. However, people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, gender diverse, intersex, queer, asexual and questioning (LGBTIQA+) often experience stigma and discrimination that is linked to their sexual and gender identity. This stigma and discrimination often has a negative impact on people’s mental health.
This course will support participants to:
- Develop an increased understanding of, and confidence in using, the terms that describe sexuality and gender diversity.
- Have a greater awareness of the discrimination and stigma that can be experienced by people who identify as LGBTIQA+.
- Have increased knowledge of rates of mental health challenges amongst people who identify as LGBTIQA+, an understanding of the reasons for this and enhanced skills to support people who are impacted by mental health challenges.
- Consider and implement strategies to promote equity of access and inclusion in service provision.
- Integrate their learnings from this course into recovery-oriented practice.
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Catering and light refreshments provided.
Level 1/1 Nash Street
Full Member 2020/2021 $195.00
Not yet a member, but I'd like to be Join now
Scholarship pre-approval required $19.50
Non Member $245.00
Associate Member 2020/2021 $220.00