09:00AM - 04:30PM
This course delves into the complexities of establishing and maintaining safe boundaries that support and honour the recovery alliance between staff and their clients.
Target Audience: Suitable for staff in a variety of settings who work with clients in a therapeutic, supportive or caring role.
Professional boundaries are a vital component of creating a recovery-oriented, trauma-informed, professional and safe space for clients to engage with a service.
Participants will explore concepts of power versus vulnerability, duty of care versus dignity of risk, boundary crossings versus boundary violations and ethical engagement. The course will introduce tools to help participants to reflect on and maintain appropriate boundaries, including a continuum of professional practice, a personal/professional relationships matrix and the Boundaries Compass
This course will support participants to:
- Understand deeply what professional and personal boundaries are, and use a recovery and trauma “lens” to fully comprehend the importance of having ‘safe’ boundaries
- Have increased confidence in using an ethical engagement framework to navigate boundary complexities
- Practice using a range of tools to build their confidence in recognising boundary crossings and violations and consider ways to respond appropriately to boundary breaches
- Be mindful of the link between maintaining safe professional boundaries and their own wellbeing and
- Feel confident in integrating strategies to support safe boundaries into their work practice
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate. To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Catering and light refreshments provided.
Map of venue
Level 1/1 Nash Street
Associate Member (2019/2020) $220.00
Full Member (2019/2020) $195.00
Not yet a member, but I'd like to be Join now
Non Member $245.00
Scholarship pre-approval required $19.50