Youth Mental Health First Aid Staff FUNDED! 16/04/2018 & 17/04/2018 - OSBORNE PARK
Click here to join the waiting list for any cancellations or contact us to inquire about delivering this course for your group.
Mental Health First Aid is suitable for everyone and highly recommended for all emergency services staff, frontline managers, teaching staff, and workplace OH&S representatives.
This course was developed at the Centre for Mental Health Research at Australian National University and is now delivered across 20 countries around the world.
Click here to download the flyer.
- Understanding Mental Health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions
- Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse.
- How to provide initial support to adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Crisis First Aid for suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self harm and acute psychosis.
- Responding to the effects of traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
Comprehensive MHFA manual included.
All training includes qualified and experienced trainers, lunch, morning and afternoon tea.
The standard price for Mental health First Aid is $490 standard or $390 full members.
However, this course is kindly funded by WA Primary Health Alliance and is offered FREE to teachers and youth workers, including materials and catering. Places are strictly limited so register NOW to secure your place!
<p>HIA Building, 22 Parkland Road, OSBORNE PARK</p>
<p>Limited free parking available (first come first served) on HIA premises. Street parking is pay parking.</p>
- I am a teacher or youth workerfree