Co-existing Disorders, Addiction & Mental Health-29/08/2017
COMMENCING NEXT WEEK, ONLY FOUR PLACES REMAINING
This one-day workshop examines the complex relationship between substance use or addiction and mental health problems. Learn about the relationship between substance use and mental health issues and how one causes the other and why they so often will occur together.
While they may be independent problems, they regularly co-occur and interact in complex ways, which need to be considered. This course uses evidence-based information about both disorders to help support workers to offer more holistic support.
Content covered includes:
- Identifying the relationship between mental health and substance use
- Signs/symptoms & causes/risk factors
- Integrated treatment options
- Interactions between psychiatric medications and substances of abuse
- Strategies for combating stigma related to concurrent disorders
- Best practices for treatment and support
- The relationship between WA’s Mental Health & Alcohol & Other Drugs sectors
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 business days prior to a course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate.
To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application form.
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
<p><a title="Venue Map" href="https://goo.gl/maps/mq6Aw4XQiSH2" target="_blank">Venue Map<br /></a>Workzone Building, Level 1 (main reception) 1 Nash Street, PERTH (Attendees required to sign-in at main reception and also in the workshop class)</p>
- Associate members$220.00
- Full members$195.00
- Scholarship pre-approval v2$19.50