Drugs, Alcohol + Mental Health 19/10/2017 - BUNBURY
Exploring the relationship between substance use and mental health issues.
This one-day workshop examines the complex relationship between substance use or addiction and mental health problems.
While they may be independent problems, they regularly co-occur and interact in complex ways, which need to be considered. This course uses evidence-based information about both disorders to help support workers to offer more holistic support.
The course includes take-home references and tools for use afterwards.
Content covered includes:
- Identifying the relationship between mental health and substance use
- Signs and symptoms
- Causes and risk factors
- Integrated treatment options
- Interactions between psychiatric medications and substances of abuse
- Strategies for combating stigma related to concurrent disorders
- Best practices for treatment and support
- The relationship between WA’s Mental Health and Alcohol + Other Drugs Sectors
There are two scholarship places available for consumers or carers who face financial difficulty in attending this course. Scholarship applications close 10 days prior to course and the successful applicants will be notified five business days prior to commencement of the event.
The cost will be 10% of the course rate.
To apply for a scholarship place click here to complete the application
Credit Card: Use "Register Now" below.
Invoice: This option will incur a $30 admin fee. Please click here to request invoice.
Master Building Southwest Building,
19 Clifford Street,
- Full WAAMH Members$195.00
- Associate WAAMH Members$220.00
- Non Member$245.00
- Scholarship - pre-approval required$19.50
- Wellbeing Scholarship$60.00