WA Mental Health Awards 2019
AND THE WINNERS ARE....
News Media Award
For excellence in journalism and reporting on mental health.
Rhianna Mitchell, Seven West Media
For an individual, organisation or group that embraces diversity and promotes inclusion, with an initiative that benefits a particular population group, i.e youth, CaLD, seniors, Aboriginal, LGBTI.
Perth Inner City Youth Service
Innovation for Change Award presented by Lotterywest
For outstanding innovation driving change for better mental health.
Aboriginal Males Healing Centre
Employee Excellence Award presented by Eric Dillon Consulting
For outstanding contribution to mental health in WA by an individual employed or volunteering within the sector.
Dr Anand Deshmukh, WA Country Health Service, Pilbara and Shivani Lala, Southern Cross Care
Prevention & Promotion Award presented by Lifeline
For outstanding contribution to prevention and/or promotion in mental health.
Mentally Healthy WA
For education institutions that encourage good mental health for its students, staff and volunteers.
Mentally Healthy Workplace Award presented by Chamber of Minerals and Energy
For a workplace that encourages good mental health for its staff.
Lifepath Psychology Consumer Impact Inspiration Award
For outstanding contribution to mental health in Western Australia by an individual who identifies as having a lived experience.
Thanks to everyone who joined us the Awards Gala last night - photos are up on WA Association for Mental Health's Facebook page!
Meet all the Finalists
We celebrated with more than 200 guests at the WA Mental Health Awards Gala on 18 November 2019 at the Pan Pacific. Congratulations to all our winners and everyone involved!
Tell the world you won!
We encourage you to share good news of your attendance with your friends, colleagues and networks directly and via your social media channels during the conference a using:
Facebook: WA MentalHealth
About the Awards
The Western Australian Mental Health Awards 2019 will celebrate individuals and organisations that made an outstanding contribution to mental health in the calendar year of 2018.
The awards aim to recognise and reward the achievements of those who demonstrate excellence, innovation, and initiative in supporting consumers of mental health services, their families, and carers; and showcase best practice in WA’s mental health sector to inspire others.
The Awards are hosted by the Western Australian Association for Mental Health, with the support of the WA Mental Health Commission. The Awards aim to:
- Recognise and reward the achievements of those who demonstrate excellence, innovation and initiative in supporting carers and consumers of mental health or their local community (including workplaces)
- Showcases the achievements of the mental health sector in WA
- Inspire others to strive for excellence
- Promote positive messaging around mental health, breaking down stigma and starting conversations for healing and recovery
- Lifeline Promotion or Prevention Award
- Lifepath Psychology Consumer Impact & Inspiration Award
- Diversity Award
- Eric Dillon Consulting Mental Health Employee Excellence Award
- Chamber of Minerals and Energy Mentally Healthy Workplace Award
- Mentally Healthy Education Award
- Mental Health News Media Award
- Lotterywest Innovation for Change Award