Kimberley Mental Health and Drug Service
Kimberley Mental Health & Drug Service (KMHDS) provides specialist mental health and Alcohol & Drug services to the Kimberley region. The service aims to deliver a comprehensive range of high quality; community focused mental health and drug services to residents of & visitors to the Kimberley. The Mental Health teams’ primary aim is to treat people suffering from a clinically diagnosed mental illness.
(08) 9194 2640
(08) 9192 3489
The mandate of the Kimberley Community Drug Service Team (KCDST) includes the following, to support individuals, families and communities experiencing harm from AOD use.
- Professional Training
- Community Development Approaches
These services are delivered by locally based, multi-disciplinary teams that are located in offices across the Kimberley. KMHDS have staff working out of hubs in Kununurra, Derby, Fitzroy Crossing, Halls Creek and Broome. Outreach is provided by each of these teams to surrounding communities and remote areas.
Individuals 15 years and over who wish to engage,
- Families affected by alcohol or other drug and/or mental health issues,
- Schools, professionals, service providers, communities with AOD and/or Mental Health issues
Priority is given to people experiencing significant distress because of AOD use, pregnant women, and those with a dual diagnosis.
- Unwillingness to engage in assessment and counselling,
- Acute intoxication at time of presentation,
- Children and youth under 15 years