WA Country Health Service - Goldfields Population Health Unit
Population Health comprises Community Health, Health Promotion and Public Health, and aims to protect, promote and restore people's health. It represents the combination of sciences, skills and beliefs that are directed to the maintenance and improvement of the health of whole populations through collective actions.
(08) 9080 8200
(08) 9080 8201
- Community education, information and awareness on healthy lifestyle as well as alcohol and other drugs issues and injury prevention
- Communicable Disease Control; control the spread of meningococcal, Hep A, tuberculosis, chicken pox and pertussis
- Needle and Syringe Program (NSP); free needles and syringes (fit sticks) are to be made available to injecting drug users on request in all regional hospitals and participating community health centres.
- Sexual Health; The Goldfields is an endemic region for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea and has high rates of other STI's. Community health staff are encouraged to test clients for STI's, particularly those aged in the high risk group aged 16-25years.
Clinic and community health services are also provided including immunisations, child and school health, diabetes education and sexual health
- Community groups within Goldfields region.
- Self-referral or referral by another service provider via phone or in person, the clinic may equire appointments to be made.